SANITARY WASTE DISPOSAL
A feminine hygiene sanitary waste service is a vital consideration for the provision of the washroom environment.
The safe disposal of feminine hygiene waste is essential to ensure your business complies with The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992, The Water Industries Act 1991, and the Environmental Protection Act 1990
Feminine Hygiene Service Features and Benefits
- · Feminine hygiene disposal bin supplied and service according to your needs.
- · ‘BioSAN’ environmentally friendly odour neutralising sachet included.
- · Waste transfer documentation provided.
- · Saves time and hassle as all aspects dealt with by Europest
- · Full compliance to your Duty of Care.
- · Europest do not charge you for your Duty of Care / Waste Transfer Note
Sanitary Waste Legislation
There is much legislation regarding how clinical waste is disposed of. Below are some laws governing the use of clinical/ sanitary waste disposal.
• The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992 specify that all companies are required to provide a suitable means for the disposal of sanitary dressings in ladies washrooms.
• The Water Industries Act 1991 also states that no items should be flushed that could cause a blockage within a sewer or drain.
• And in addition, the Environmental Protection Act 1990 places a legal "duty of care" upon companies to ensure that all waste produced at their premises is correctly managed right up to the point of final disposal.
The 'Duty of Care' Act demands that sanitary waste is managed to a point of disposal. Waste must be carried by a licensed carrier, and a full audit trail of documentation must be available at all times. Failure to comply can lead to a hefty fine. This applies to all commercial premises, even if only one female is employed